Over 1 million tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) have been saved from our atmosphere by EWABA members in 2016.
EWABA is a voice for its members, aiming to showcase all of the benefits that waste-based biodiesel offers (see benefits page), ensuring that waste-based biodiesel gets fair consideration in European policy. EWABA remains up to date on the latest happenings in used cooking oil, inedible fats and waste-based biodiesel markets, so that it can best inform policy and its members.
A general assembly is held on an annual basis where the association’s direction and achievements are discussed. Members decide upon the budget and strategy for the following year.
Consisting of industry experts and waste-based biodiesel market leaders, the Board holds regular discussions to set the direction for the association to attain its policy objectives.
The Board steers European debates on climate change and energy policy by remaining active at conferences, supplying technical expertise and commissioning studies that answer questions raised by the EU institutions and the industry at large.
- President: Michael Fiedler-Panajotopoulos, REG Europe, Germany
- Vice President: Riccardo Pedriali, PFP Biofuels, Italy
- Treasurer: Mathijs Brinkman, Van Wijk & Olthuis, the Netherlands
- Board member: Patrick Lynch, Greenergy, United Kingdom
- Board member: Yorgos Kyriakopoulos, Elin Biofuels, Greece
- Board member: Ewald-Marco Muenzer, Muenzer Bioindustrie, Austria
- Board member: Richie Dalton, Olleco, United Kingdom
- Communications Manager: Callum Jones, Greenergy, United Kingdom
The Secretariat supports the Board and members, and is responsible for the running the daily duties of the organisation.
Become a member
Exert influence over policy in Brussels, be kept up to date and rest assured that EWABA is representing you and your business at a European policy level. Together, those in the waste-based biodiesel production chain can showcase how beneficial to pollution reduction and sustainability our product can be.
Contact: Angel Alvarez Alberdi - Email - 0032 (0) 488 619 354
EWABA’s members operate in 19 European Countries throughout the entire waste-based biodiesel production chain, from used cooking oil and Tallow collectors through to firms blending waste-based biodiesel with diesel for use on the roads of Europe.